QuickBooks Error 6147: Fix QuickBooks Company File Errors
There are various error codes and issues in the QuickBooks software that can restrict you from working on your accounts. QuickBooks Error 6147 is one such error which is a part of 6000 error code family. This error family or series is related to the company file issues and the error code 6147 is also associated to the company file errors. This error pops up on your screen while restoring your backup company file over a network.
This is one of the most common errors in the QuickBooks software and it can easily be tackled by following some basic guidelines. Although, it is a very common error but it is very important to resolve this error as it can permanently damage your entire database and you won’t be able to recover them in future. This article will provide you the full-fledged solution to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 manually. You can also contact the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 to get instant support for your company file errors.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6147, 0
The error can be a result of various actions taken by you in the past. However, the error code 6147 generally occurs due to three basic reasons that are mentioned below:
- QuickBooks company files are either damaged or missing
- You tried to restore the QuickBooks Company file over a network drive
- The backup file name is more than 210 characters.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks software.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6147, 0
Before going on to the solution steps, one thing that you need to check is what version of QuickBooks you are using currently. If your QuickBooks version is not the latest then updating it to the latest release may resolve the issue for you automatically. If the error is still around then you can perform the below mentioned steps:
Solution 1: Rename The .TLG And .ND Files
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys
- Go to the folder where you’ve stored the company file’
- From the folder, look for the same name as your company file but with .ND & .TLG extensions. For example: Company_file.qbw.nd and Company_file.qbw.tlg.
- Right-click on the files one by one and select Rename from the list
- Add OLD at the end of the file extension and hit enter.
- Open QuickBooks and try to restore the same backup file again. If the issue is still around, move on to the next step
Solution 2: Restoring The Backup To Another Location
- Ensure that your computer is not being hosted
- Go to the File menu and select Utilities
- If the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is visible then:
- Select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Click on Yes on the notifications that you get on your screen
- Restore the backup file in your system
Solution 3: Re-configure The Trend Micro Active Scan Settings
- Go to the location of your QuickBooks company file
- Press and hold the CTRL key and then double-click on QuickBooks icon.
- From the No Company Open window, select the QuickBooks company file
- Now, open the Trend Micro active scan and set an exemption to disregard the folder
QuickBooks Technical Support For Company File Issues
The provided guidelines in this article will help you in resolving the error code 6147, 0 in QuickBooks software. If the error is still occurring then you need to utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool that resolve almost every company file issue. However, if you are still facing the same issue then you can get in touch with us at QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 toll-free.
QuickBooks Error 1335: Resolve QuickBooks Installation Errors
QuickBooks accounting software comes with various integrated tools that help you in increasing the efficiency and makes accounting easy and comfortable. However, it is also true that the QuickBooks software has various error codes and issues that can affect your work flow and even can restrict you from opening the software itself. QuickBooks Error Code 1335 is also one of them that indicates that the cabinet file for the installation and the cabinet file cannot be used. This error is triggered during the update process or repairing the QuickBooks installation. When this error pops up, it comes up with the following error message:
Error 1335: The cabinet file [data1.cab] required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.
Error 1335: The cabinet file  required for this installation cannot be used.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 1335 Occurs?
Main factors that can cause the error code 1335 in QuickBooks are as given below:
- The installation CD is damaged
- CD or DVD writer of your system is damaged or not functioning properly
- Your system does not have enough space to install the QuickBooks software
- Antivirus or firewall program are not allowing the installation of QuickBooks software
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Error 1335?
In this article, we have provided three different solutions according to the causes. But before going on to the actual steps, you can try some basic steps that can also help you in resolving the error code 1335 in QuickBooks. The steps are mentioned below:
- Make sure that the installation CD is not damaged and working fine. If the CD is damaged then you are recommended to get a new installation CD
- Make sure that the CD or DVD writer of your system if functioning properly and if not then you need to contact a computer technician as soon as possible
- Make sure that your system has sufficient disk space. If not then you need create space using the Disk Cleanup.
- Disable the antivirus software before initiating the installation of QuickBooks software.
If these steps didn’t work and you are still facing the error then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1335:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Open the internet browser and go to the Official website of QuickBooks
- From the website, download the setup file of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Install the tool in your computer properly and then run the tool
- Click on I am having problems installing QuickBooks and then click on OK
- Once you start the scan, it will automatically detect and optimize the issues accordingly
Solution 2: Manually resolving the QuickBooks Error Code 1335
- Log in to your system with Administrator rights
- Insert the installation disk of QuickBooks and if the InstallShield Wizard pops up, close it
- Press Windows + E to open the Windows Explorer
- Right click on the CD drive and then click on Open
- Now, right click on the QuickBooks folder and from the drop down list, select Copy
- Paste the folder on your desktop by pressing CTRL + V button
- Go back to the QuickBooks folder and copy the Thirdparty folder
- Paste the folder on the same location where you have pasted the QuickBooks folder
- Open the copied QuickBooks folder from desktop and double click exe file
- If you still face the error then you need to go to the next step
Solution 3: Clean the Temporary Folder
- Log in to your system with Administrator rights
- Go to the folder:
- Windows 8, 7, or Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp.
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Setting\Temp.
- Remove all the temporary files
Reach Us For Support
By following the above mentioned instruction properly, you will be able to resolve the installation error 1335 in QuickBooks. However, if you still face the same error or you are facing difficulties in any of the steps then you are recommended to get in touch with the experts of fixaccountingerror.com by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159.