QuickBooks accounting software helps you in performing all the complex accounting tasks and you can easily manage your business. However, sometimes you can face several errors and issues in your QuickBooks software and these issues can hamper your workflow badly. To resolve those errors, you may require to reinstall the QuickBooks software. Reinstalling QuickBooks can be very helpful for you and most of the issues can be resolved by this.
So many help articles tells you to perform a basic reinstall QuickBooks when an error or issue occurs when you face issues in QuickBooks. If reinstalling QuickBooks doesn’t work for you then you have to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks as it is the best solution for most of your complex errors and issues in your QuickBooks.
Most of the QuickBooks users understands that reinstalling QuickBooks is just uninstalling and installing QuickBooks again. However, it is not that simple and it is much broader than that. Reinstalling QuickBooks means uninstalling QuickBooks, renaming old installation files and then install QuickBooks. This process is know as the clean installation of QuickBooks.
If you want to know about the process of reinstalling QuickBooks then this article will help you to do so. However, in case if you want any kind of assistance during the process then you can also dial our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and answers for all your queries.
How To Reinstall QuickBooks?
For reinstalling the QuickBooks software, first you need to uninstall QuickBooks software which is currently installed on your system. However, if you are facing any kind of issue during the process then you can contact Intuit QuickBooks Support department.
Note: You must have a valid installation disk or a setup before you uninstall QuickBooks. You should also have a valid license and product number so that you can activate QuickBooks again.
You can reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop on your system by following the below-mentioned steps:
QuickBooks Desktop Uninstall
- From the Start menu, click on the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, navigate to the Programs and Features
- Find QuickBooks in the installed program list.
- Now, click on Uninstall to start the un-installation process.
- On the installation wizard, click on Uninstall.
- Perform the steps prompted on your screen. At last, click on Finish.
- Restart your system to save changes.
Rename The Installation Folders
You have to rename the QuickBooks installation folders and it can be done in two ways. You can rename the QuickBooks installation folders from QuickBooks Clean Install Tool or you can rename all your installation folders manually.
- Download the setup file of QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Open the installation file and perform the installation process.
- Now, run the QB clean install tool and on the license agreement window, click on I Accept.
- Choose the version of QuickBooks which was installed on your computer and then select Continue.
- Click on OK if you get the message that says, ‘QuickBooks is not ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory.’
Unhide all the hidden files and folder so that you rename all the installation folders. When you rename your installation folders, you need to add OLD or DAMAGED or any specific term as per your convenience. This will replace all the QuickBooks installation files and folders and that will help you in differentiating between the old and new installation files.
- Error: Access Denied when renaming folders
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys to open the Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes
- Sort all the processes in alphabetic order by clicking on the Image Name section.
- Locate and select QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe and then select theEnd Process.
- Click on Yes on any warning message you get on your screen.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
When you are done with uninstalling QuickBooks and you have renamed all the QB installation folders, you need to install QuickBooks Desktop. You need to make sure that you use a fresh source for installing QuickBooks because the old source that you used might be damaged and if you use the same source then you can face same issue again. You also need to make sure that you don’t install QuickBooks on a flash or external drive and it should be installed on your local system.
Reach Us For Support
The steps provided in this article should help you in reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop with ease. You can reinstall QuickBooks to resolve so many QuickBooks errors such as installation errors, company file errors, update errors etc. In case if you are not able to reinstall QuickBooks Software or the issue you were facing couldn’t get resolved by reinstalling QuickBooks then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 to get an instant solution for all your QuickBooks errors and issues.