QuickBooks comes pre-loaded with many features like remote access capabilities, electronic payment functions, payroll assistance, inventory management, cash flow management, automatic updates and more. But sometimes this prestigious software runs into errors and issues which become a source of irritation for QuickBooks users. QuickBooks Error 3371 is one such error and you should not take this error lightly.
The Error messages with associated with QB Error 3371 are :
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
You run into this error while initializing the licensing process or if there is a problem with the entitlement data. If the file which contains your license information is damaged, the QuickBooks will fail to open and will display one of the above-given error messages.
Connect with the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Fixaccountingerror to get instant solutions for all QuickBooks errors and issues. This support line number is available 24×7 and also offers a 100% refund policy. We will happily refund your entire amount if you are not satisfied with our services.
In this blog post, we will provide a step-by-step to manually resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118 in a short time. Make sure that you apply all the steps given in this post in the order they are given.
Now, let us discuss all the possible causes for this.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118?
- dat- In the case the license key file is damaged, your QB will be unable to retrieve information and you will encounter errors on your screen. Your QB Desktop will not open. It is important the QB reads, reviews and validates the QuickBooks license file.
- You are using an outdated Windows operating system.
- The MSXML component is damaged or missing from your computer. MSXML component is a Microsoft component that is necessary for QuickBooks to run. QB utilizes this component to access the data in the Qbregistration.dat file enabling QuickBooks to run. You are attempting to open the file prior to saving it. You must save it before importing the .QBO file.
- You have an anti-virus application installed on your computer which restricts QuickBooks Desktop processes.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118?
Intuit servers need to have access to your License Information all the time. If the dat file gets damaged or corrupted then Intuit servers will unable to validate your QB account and you will get the Error 3371 code 11118 on your display monitor. Sometimes, users also encounter this error when they are trying to clone their data from the C drive to another location. In this situation, you must delete the entitlement file and then re-enter all your information to fix the issue.
The Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of fixaccountingerror recommend the following solutions for fixing QuickBooks Error 3371 error code 11118 manually:
Solution 1: Delete The EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
- Exit your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Make sure that no QuickBooks processes are running in the background.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard.
- If you are using Windows 10: Click More Details to show Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Click on the Process Name header to sort the processes alphabetically.
- Search for all instances of QBW32.EXE.
- Select al the instances and click on End Task.
- Open the entitlement data folder for your QuickBooks.
- Press the Windows key and R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Copy and paste C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) in the Run window and press Enter. The location is the same for all QuickBooks versions for Microsoft Windows.
- Search EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Right-click on the file and select Delete.
- Choose Yes to confirm that you want to delete the file.
- Open your company file again and follow the instructions on your screen to register the application.
Solution 2: Use Selective Startup to install QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks utilizes a Microsoft component recognized as Microsoft Windows Installer that requires active Windows Installer Service to function correctly. As we are using the desktop in safe mode, we would not need to resolve any third-party installation problems.
How to start your computer in a Selective startup?
- Hit the Windows key and R simultaneously for opening the Run command box.
- Click on the text field and type “msconfig” in the search box.
- Press enter or click on the OK button.
- Navigate to General tab > Selective startup and then tap on the Load system services option.
- Navigate to the Services window, then tap on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Choose to disable all.
- Now, click on the Hide all Microsoft Services check box to uncheck it.
- Verify that the Windows Installer checkbox is selected in the list of services.
- Reboot your computer.
When your computer is up and running then you can install, uninstall, or reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using clean install.
Solution 3: Clean install QuickBooks Desktop
The QuickBooks Experts recommend the following steps to Reinstall QuickBooks:
QuickBooks Desktop Uninstall
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard button and then type Control Panel in the text field.
- Press Enter.
- In the control panel screen, click on Programs and Features option.
- A list of installed programs will appear on your screen. Locate QuickBooks on the list then right-click on it.
- Choose the Uninstall/Change option.
- Un-installation window will appear on your screen.
- Now, follow the instructions which appear on the desktop for uninstalling QuickBooks desktop from your computer.
In case you are encountering any kind of issues or error while uninstalling QuickBooks then contact us at QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159.
Rename The Installation Folders
Intuit offers two options for renaming the installation folders on your desktop. You can either use the option to rename the folders in QuickBooks Clean Install Tool or else do it manually.
- Download and open QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Download QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe file and save it anywhere on your desktop.
- Now, open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe on your screen.
- Select I Accept in the license agreement to start the process.
- Select your QuickBooks Desktop version and then tap on the Continue button.
- Click on the OK button when the message ‘QuickBooks is not ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory’ appears on your screen.
If you want to do it manually then unhide the hidden files. Also, you have to rename each of the folder location mentioned for your version of Microsoft Windows OS. We suggest that you add ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ to the name of the existing folders so that you easily remember which folders you are working on.
Error: Access Denied when renaming folders
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- Go to the Process tab, tap on the Image Name column header.
- Now, you can sort the process alphabetically by name.
- Select exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe
- Tap on End Process at the bottom of the Task Manager.
- Click on the Yes button in the confirmation message.
How To Contact QuickBooks Experts?
The above-mentioned solutions will help you to fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 manually in no time. According to the QB Experts of fixaccountingerror, this error is associated with damage in the programs. To fix the QB Error 3371 Status Code 11118, you have to either fix those programs or get rid of them completely.
You should be able to resolve this error if you have applied all the solutions given above. In case, the error is not resolved or you need assistance with the process then immediately dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 and ask for support from the QuickBooks experts of fixaccountingerror.