QuickBooks Error 15201
QuickBooks Error 15201 falls under the category of update errors in QuickBooks that can occur while updating the QuickBooks software or payroll application. To make QuickBooks software more efficient and to include more features, Intuit releases updates for QuickBooks quite often. But sometimes the update could not be processed due to some technical issues. The error code 15201 restricts you from updating the product.
To resolve the error code 15201, you are recommended to go through the full article and perform the provided steps properly. You can also contact us at our QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number to get instant support for your QuickBooks issues.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Update Error Code 15201
- QuickBooks is not responding
- QuickBooks keeps crashing or aborting
- Error code 15201 message appears on your screen
- QuickBooks stopped working or it won’t open
- QuickBooks suddenly freezes and your computer starts to respond slowly
- Update of your company file could not be processed
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15201
The main causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 15201 are as given below:
- Installation of QuickBooks software is damaged
- Virus or malware attack has infected QuickBooks related files
- Windows registry files got corrupted
- Antivirus or Firewall program installed in your system are not allowing the update to process
- Damaged or corrupt QB Files
Resolving QuickBooks Error Code 15201
Follow the below mentioned steps in order to fix the error code 15201 in QuickBooks software:
Solution 1: Install Digital Signature Certificate
- Go to the folder C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- From the folder, right click on the exe file and click on Properties from the drop down list
- Click on the Digital Signature tab
- In the digital signature tab, you need to make sure that Intuit, Inc. is marked in the signature list
- Go to Details and the click on View Certificate
- Hit the Install Certificate button
- Keep on clicking Next and at last, click on Finish
- Restart your computer and try to update QuickBooks again
If the error still persists and you are not able to update the QuickBooks software then you need to go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Configure Windows Firewall Settings
The Antivirus or Firewall program installed in your system can also restrict you from updating the QuickBooks software because it can restrict the incoming and outgoing internet connection and without internet connection it is impossible to download updates. So, to allow the internet connection, you need to disable the antivirus and windows firewall and then try to download updates for QuickBooks. You can enable them again once the update of QuickBooks finishes successfully.
Technical Support QuickBooks Update Errors
The above two steps will allow you to update the QuickBooks software. However, if the error still persists then you can try some other things such as reinstalling the QuickBooks software manually. Doing this will reset all the settings and then you will be able to download updates for QuickBooks.
If all the steps couldn’t resolve the error then you have to contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors to resolve your issues. For this you can contact the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 toll-free.