In this blog post, we are going to discuss how you can create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item in your QuickBooks desktop payroll. The steps are precise, simple and easy to implement. Remember to not use these steps if you want these transactions or payments to show in the vendor/supplier reports. Also, these steps are invalid if you want to pay an employee who is also a subcontractor. Instead, you can choose to set up the employee as a vendor or supplier. This way you can use a bill and also pay bills.
In case you are facing any problems with the steps that are given below or you need support services for implementing the steps then do not hesitate before dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 to connect with the QuickBooks Experts. We highly recommend that you call the experts and request them to make changes to your QuickBooks. It ensures the safety of your QuickBooks data and services.
Now, let us get started on how to manually create a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item in your QuickBooks desktop payroll.
Add A New Payroll Item
First of all, you have to add a new payroll item in your QuickBooks. To do so, implement these steps:
- Open your QuickBooks and head to the List menu.
- Now, tap on the Payroll Item List.
- Tap on the Payroll Item option.
- Choose New.
- If you are using the US version of QB then you have to choose the Customer Setup option.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Addition item option.
- Click on the Next button to complete the process.
How To Set Up The New Item In QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks Experts of fixaccountingerror suggest these steps for setting up a new item in QB:
- Firstly, you have to select an expense account for tracking the travel or mileage amounts.
- You have the option to choose an asset account if you are paying an advance to the employee.
- Make sure that the Tax Tracking type is set to None so that the amounts do not show on the tax forms.
- Choose Next.
- Now, click on the Based on Quantity checkbox to mark it and pay the amounts per mile/kilometer.
- Click on the Next button.
- Pick the option to calculate on net pay and then tap on the Next button.
- Set a Default Rate & then click on the Finish button.
How To Add The Item To The Employee’s Record?
In the last step, you have to add the item to the employee’s record.
- Open QuickBooks and then click on the Employees menu.
- Choose Employee Center and double-click on the employee’s name.
- Head to the Payroll Info window.
- Now, add the items in Additions, Deductions, and Company Contributions.
Remember that when you are creating paychecks, you can view the additional items in the Other Payroll Items section of the Preview Paycheck tab. If the item that you are working on has some quantity then double-check the amount in the quantity column.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Payroll
We have that the above-given step-by-step guide was informative in creating a non-taxable reimbursement payroll item in your QuickBooks Desktop payroll. If you are encountering any sort of error while implementing the steps then you can try updating your QuickBooks and payroll to the latest release available.
However, if the error persists then you can contact us on the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 and we will take care of it. You can also contact us by using the QuickBooks Live chat support which is at the bottom-right corner of your screen or send us an email.