Intuit QuickBooks Payroll Error 12157
QuickBooks Error 12157 comes under the 12000 error series. It is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks that occurs due to the web connectivity issues in the windows operating system. This error mostly occurs in the win32 server. It can be create some serious issues in future as it restricts upcoming updates in QuickBooks.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 12157
Main causes behind the error code 12157 in QuickBooks are as given below:
- Internet security settings or firewall settings
- Number of QuickBooks programs updated on the same system for example QB Desktop Pro 2016 and QB Desktop Enterprise Solution 16.0.
- Internet connectivity issues that are creating obstacles while upgrading QuickBooks
How To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 12157
Intuit has provided some guidelines to fix this payroll update error in QuickBooks. You need to follow the guidelines sequence wise and you will be able to resolve it manually and will be able to install the updates again. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 12157 are as given below:
- Shut down QuickBooks and open the Internet Explorer browser
- Follow the path: Menu bar > Tools > Internet Options
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Select the Restore Advanced Settings option
Setting Up The Firewall And Third Party Software Application
In some scenarios, Firewall settings of your computer and third party application settings can obstruct the update of QuickBooks software and Payroll application. It sends permission to incoming and outgoing through 10172 ports.
QuickBooks Desktop And Internet Explorer Settings
If you want QuickBooks Desktop to work fluently, then you need to make sure that QuickBooks and Internet Explorer are working together properly. You need to resolve all the recent issues of both programs and also Internet Explorer should be your default internet browser.
Amateur Computer User Clarification
- Download and install the Repair Utility Tool in your system.
- After installation, Run the Repair Utility Tool and click on Scan
- Click to fix the issue while output has finished.
- Restart your system and open QuickBooks to make sure that the error is fixed
Support For 12157 Error In QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error 12157 is a very common error but at the same time it can also become very much frustrating as it does not allow you to update your Payroll application. In such cases, it is mandatory for you to fix this error as soon as possible. By following the above mentioned steps, you will be able to fix the issue manually. However, if you are looking for an instant support for QuickBooks then you can get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 toll free.