How To Open A QBM File?
QuickBooks accounting software provides various accounting functions and tools such as invoicing, managing expenses, payroll, tracking inventory etc. that makes accounting tasks easy and fast. QuickBooks provide boosts to your business and help your business to grow quickly.
For working smooth and efficiently, QuickBooks uses various files and extensions and one such file is QBM file one such file. This article will help you to access the QBM file. Contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Number for detailed description about accessing QBM file.
What Is QBM File In QuickBooks?
QBM file is an important file in QuickBooks because all your company’s financial data is stored in this file. QBM file is different from QBB file which contains data from QuickBooks data application.
When it comes to sharing the financial information, QBM file plays an important role. The best part of this file is that it is very small in size and it can be shared among users via email that makes it very effective and time saving.
Issues With QBM Files
Sometimes you may encounter some issues while opening the QBM file that can restrict you from opening it. If face any issue in the QBM file, it doesn’t mean that QuickBooks is having some issues. It can occur due to various reasons and some of them are mentioned below:
- QBM file gets corrupted
- Incorrect registry links in QBM
- QNM file has been deleted from the windows registry
- The application is not installed properly which supports the format of QBM file
- Malware has defected the QBM file
- Lack of hardware resources
- Outdated drivers equipment
How To Open A QBM File Within QuickBooks
For opening this file, windows should know that you are going to use that program. Usually, it automatically selects the program but in case if you want open QBM file without QuickBooks then you need to follow the below steps:
- Right click on the file
- You will see the installed program list on your screen
- Select the program through which you want to open the file
- Or Open the Control Panel
- Click on the Default Programs and then Set Associations
- From the list, select the file type and click on change program.
If the file is not opening and needs to be restored then follow the below steps:
- Go to the File menu
- From the drop down list, click on Open or Restore Company.
- Select on Restore a Portable file
- Click on Next
- Now click on xx.qbm file and save it to your desired location.(Where xx refers to the name of your company)
- Click on Open
- You will see a confirmation message that will ask you “Where do you want to restore the file?”
- Choose the location and click on next
- A new window will appear stating ‘Save Company As’, Select the location where you have saved QB company file.
- Click on Save and then click on yes when you are asked to delete the old file.
By following the mentioned steps, you will be able to access the QBM file easily but in case you are having any doubt in any of the steps or you are getting any other issue in your QuickBooks software, get in touch with our Pro Advisors via QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 toll free.