QuickBooks Error 1321 appears if the installer unable to write a file due to some permission issues. The error can also occur due to some other system errors. To resolve this error, you are recommended to update the privileges on the file or source listed in the error message. When you encounter the error code 1321, it comes up with the following error message:
Error 1321: System has insufficient privileges to modify this file
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1321
- The update process is faster than the file copy process
- Antivirus or firewall program is not allowing the installation of update
- Windows permissions are set to restrict access for the folder where the file is located and it can’t be accessed
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1321?
- Click on Retry on the error message to allow the update to finish.
- If the error is not resolved then click on Cancel and then click on Options
- Temporarily disable the installed antivirus program
- Uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software
Update The User Insufficient Privileges To Files
- The information dialogue box will display the error generated during the installation process. In the following example, AcrobatConnect.cfg generated the error message.
- Error 1321.The Installer does not have proper rights to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.
- Set the privileges for the folder mentioned in the error message, for example: \Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg
For Windows XP Professional Users:
- Open the Windows Explorer
- Head to the parent folder which is mentioned in the 1321 error message
Example: The parent folder in the path c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg is FlashPlayerTrust
- Right click on the folder and go to Properties
- Go to the Security tab
- In the Group or User Names section, click on Administrators
For Windows XP Home Users:
- Shut-down the computer properly and turn on again after waiting for around 10 seconds.
- Once the Windows logo appears while starting press F8 key from your keyboard
- Navigate to Safe Mode With Networking using the arrow keys and then press the Enter key
- Follow the instructions provided in Update user privileges in Windows XP Professional.
- Restart the computer and then reinstall QuickBooks.
- Choose System in Group or User Names and then set Full Control to Allow
- In the Security tab, click on Advanced
- Tap on Click on Replace Permission Entries On All Child Objects With Entries Here That Apply To Child Objects
- Click OK and then close the Properties window
- Enable the simple file sharing and then reinstall the Adobe software
Error 1321 Enterprise Solution:
- Remove the folder: C:\Program Files\Symantec C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
- Reboot your system and install the Symantec Endpoint Protection
Support For QuickBooks Error 1321
The above-mentioned steps will allow you to resolve the error code 1321 in QuickBooks. However, if you find any difficulties while resolving the error then you can get in touch with us by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 and get your issues resolved.
Submit your review