QuickBooks Payroll is a great component of QuickBooks that can be easily integrated with both Desktop and Online versions of QuickBooks. It provides various important features such as direct deposit, printable checks automated check calculations etc. To enhance the work experience of the users, QuickBooks payroll comes with regular updates. But sometimes even this facility becomes a headache when it falls into an error during the update process. The error that can appear during the payroll update is known as the QuickBooks Error 15240. This error restricts you from updating QuickBooks payroll. You can contact QuickBooks Payroll Support team to resolve the error code 15240.
QuickBooks Error Code 15240: Reasons
When the error code 15240 in QuickBooks pops up, it only states that the QuickBooks Payroll could not be updated due to some unknown reasons. We have identified some of the main causes that are behind this payroll update error. Then main causes of this error are as given below:
- Changes in QuickBooks software settings
- Damaged or corrupt download of QuickBooks software
- QuickBooks files are infected by virus or malware attack
- QuickBooks records were deleted by some other application by mistake
Solutions For QuickBooks Payroll Update Error
Before going on to the solution steps, you must know the reasons behind this update error in QuickBooks Payroll. Once you identify the factors that are causing the error, it will become a bit easy to fix the issue. Before going on the major steps, you can try some quick solutions that include running the system as an administrator or you can set the accurate Time and Date if it is not right. If the error still occurs then you can go on to the main steps. However, we have mentioned two different solutions that you can apply to fix the error.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15240 are as given below:
- Close QuickBooks properly and go to the folder where the QuickBooks is installed
- Right click on folder and select Properties from the drop-down list
- Go to Security and Advanced tab
- Verify the current file folder owner from the User group
- Finish the task and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Click on Tools and then select Internet Options from the drop-down list
- Select Advanced
- Verify and choose the SSL 3.0 and USE SSL 2.0
- Save the updated settings and then click OK
Support For Payroll Update Error 15240
By following the above mentioned steps, you will be able to fix the error code 15240. If the error still persists then you need to contact the experts by dialing our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 toll-free.