QuickBooks is one of the most trusted and widely accepted accounting software programs but it can also fall into errors that can put your work on halt. QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 is one such error which is considered as one of the most common errors in the QuickBooks software but at the same time, it is a very critical error also because it restricts you from opening your QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 generally occurs while opening a corrupt company file or using online banking in the QuickBooks software. The error code 16638 85757 only occurs in the older versions of the QuickBooks software because this error was erased in the newer versions. If you want an immediate solution for your issue then dial our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 right now.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
- QuickBooks company files got corrupted
- Virus or malware infections has corrupted your database
- You tried to access the company file on a network
- QuickBooks wasn’t able to get connected with the company file when you were using online banking.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 16638 85757?
As we have already said that this error only occurs in the older versions of QuickBooks software and this error can easily be resolved by just updating your QuickBooks to the latest version. However, if you are not looking to update your QuickBooks then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps in order to resolve the error code 16638 85757 in QuickBooks manually:
- Try to open the QuickBooks company file in which you’ve received the error.
- Check the path of the company file.
- You need to make sure that file path that the QuickBooks is utilizing and the location of the file is the same through the product information window of QuickBooks.
- To open the product information window, you need to open QuickBooks and then press the F2
- Review the product information window for the location of the company file.
If the company file is located on a network drive then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the folder on the network drive where the company file is stored
- Copy the company file from there.
- Paste the file on your local storage device.
- If the error code still pops on your screen then it means that the company file is damaged.
You need to use verify and rebuild utility resolve the company file issue. To do so, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
QuickBooks comes up with the feature which is able to troubleshoot the basic corruption of data. Intuit has highly recommended performing the verification utility feature of the company files on a regular basis. If you are not aware of the process then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps in order to verify your company file:
- Open QuickBooks
- From the main menu, go to File > Utilities > Data.
- Tap on the verify option and it will initiate the verification process.
- If there are no issues found in the process then the window will close automatically.
- If you get any confirmation message, click on
- If there some issues identified in the process then you will get the warning message which will specify the issue and a brief description about resolving the issue.
Now you need to perform the Rebuild Data feature in order to resolve the identified issues. In case if the error is still around then there are possibilities that your entire database has got corrupted. In such situations, you can get in touch with our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 to get instant support.
Submit your review