There are various error codes and issues in the QuickBooks software that can restrict you from working on your accounts. QuickBooks Error 6147 is one such error which is a part of 6000 error code family. This error family or series is related to the company file issues and the error code 6147 is also associated to the company file errors. This error pops up on your screen while restoring your backup company file over a network.
This is one of the most common errors in the QuickBooks software and it can easily be tackled by following some basic guidelines. Although, it is a very common error but it is very important to resolve this error as it can permanently damage your entire database and you won’t be able to recover them in future. This article will provide you the full-fledged solution to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 manually. You can also contact the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 to get instant support for your company file errors.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6147, 0
The error can be a result of various actions taken by you in the past. However, the error code 6147 generally occurs due to three basic reasons that are mentioned below:
- QuickBooks company files are either damaged or missing
- You tried to restore the QuickBooks Company file over a network drive
- The backup file name is more than 210 characters.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks software.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6147, 0
Before going on to the solution steps, one thing that you need to check is what version of QuickBooks you are using currently. If your QuickBooks version is not the latest then updating it to the latest release may resolve the issue for you automatically. If the error is still around then you can perform the below mentioned steps:
Solution 1: Rename The .TLG And .ND Files
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys
- Go to the folder where you’ve stored the company file’
- From the folder, look for the same name as your company file but with .ND & .TLG extensions. For example: Company_file.qbw.nd and Company_file.qbw.tlg.
- Right-click on the files one by one and select Rename from the list
- Add OLD at the end of the file extension and hit enter.
- Open QuickBooks and try to restore the same backup file again. If the issue is still around, move on to the next step
Solution 2: Restoring The Backup To Another Location
- Ensure that your computer is not being hosted
- Go to the File menu and select Utilities
- If the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is visible then:
- Select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Click on Yes on the notifications that you get on your screen
- Restore the backup file in your system
Solution 3: Re-configure The Trend Micro Active Scan Settings
- Go to the location of your QuickBooks company file
- Press and hold the CTRL key and then double-click on QuickBooks icon.
- From the No Company Open window, select the QuickBooks company file
- Now, open the Trend Micro active scan and set an exemption to disregard the folder
QuickBooks Technical Support For Company File Issues
The provided guidelines in this article will help you in resolving the error code 6147, 0 in QuickBooks software. If the error is still occurring then you need to utilize the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool that resolve almost every company file issue. However, if you are still facing the same issue then you can get in touch with us at QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 toll-free.