QuickBooks Error 6175 is one of the most common errors in the QuickBooks software that restricts you from opening your QuickBooks company file over a network drive. It is a company file error that needs to be tackled as soon as possible because it can even damage your entire database which won’t be able to recover in the future. This error generally occurs when the QuickBooks Desktop couldn’t establish a connection with the host computer.
If you are roaming around the internet to search for an effective resolution of QuickBooks Error Code 6175 then the fixaccountingerror.com is the best place as this article will help you in tackling this company file error. You can also connect with us at QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support +1888-567-1159 to avail the technical support for your company file issues.
Why Does The Error Code 6175 Occur?
There can be various factors that can lead to the situation when you face the error code 6175 which restricts you from accessing the company file. Knowing about causes is also very important as it can help you in resolving this error. Main causes of QB Error 6175 are as given below:
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is unable to run
- The server is indulged in some other task and it couldn’t be reached currently.
- Windows firewall is not allowing the QuickBooks Desktop to get connected with the server
- The company file is not available in the server system as it was deleted by a third party application.
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks company file
- Virus or malware infection has damaged the server
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6175?
Before going on to the solution steps, you need to enable the hosting on the Host Computer and switch to multi-user mode. Now, perform the below mentioned steps in order to resolve QB Error 6175:
Solution 1: Setup The QuickBooks Database Server Manager Properly On Your Server Computer
- Install the QuickBooks software properly on the Host system
- Now, From the Start menu, go to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Select Start Scan option
- Once the process finishes, the error should get resolved and you will be able to access the company file..
Note: In case if the QuickBooks software is already installed in your system but Database Server Manager is not then you don’t have to perform the 1st step and directly jump to the 2nd step.
Solution 2: Set The Hosting On Server Computer
- Go to the server system and run QuickBooks there
- Navigate to File > Utilities
- From the drop-down list, slect Host Multi-User Access
Note: If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then directly jump to the next solution else finish this solution process first.
- On the Host multi-user access/Start hosting multi-user access notification, click on Yes
- If you get a warning message that says company file must be closed, just click on OK
- Click on OK on the Multi-user setup information window
- Now, you can switch to the multi-user mode
Solution 3: Change QuickBooksDBXX Service To Local System Account
- Go to the Start menu, type MSC in the search field and press Enter key
- Right-tap on the QuickBooksDBXX service and select Properties from the list.
- Go to the Log On tab and mark the Local System account
- Click on Apply and OK
- Switch to the Multi-User mode again
If you are still facing the same error then you may have to reinstall the QuickBooks software in the server system as well as in the local workstation. The error can also occur if one of your systems (server or local system) has an outdated version of QuickBooks. So we recommend you to update your system to the latest release and then open the company file.
QuickBooks Technical Support
The provided solutions will allow you to resolve the error code 6175 in QuickBooks. If you still face the same issue and you can’t access the QuickBooks Company File then you need to connect with our customer support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159.