QuickBooks software is an integrated accounting solution program that helps you in maintaining you’re your account and business data. However, like any other software it is also not free from errors. QuickBooks also has various errors that can occur due to various reasons. QuickBooks Error Code 6190, 816 is one such error that is being faced by the users commonly. Like most of the error codes of 6000 Error Category, it also indicates that there is something with your QuickBooks Company File. This error basically restricts you from accessing your QuickBooks company file. You are displayed the following error message when this error occurs:
QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer
Causes Behind The Error Code 6190, 816 In QuickBooks
Some of the main reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 are as given below:
- Transaction Log File commonly known as TLG is not affiliated with the company file. TLG file is responsible for auto saved transactions that are saved by the QuickBooks itself and the formal of the file is xxxx.qbw.tlg (xxxx is the name of the company file). You are only allowed to convert the .tlg to .qbw file. QuickBooks Error 6019 appears when the .qbw file and .qbw.tlg file does not match to each other.
- A recent update of QuickBooks wasn’t installed in a proper manner and causing the error. If the .tlg file wasn’t updated and the company file was updated then you may come across the error code 6000, 816.
- A user is using QuickBooks in a single user mode then the user won’t be able to open the company file.
- Company or data file is either missing or damaged.
How To Fix The QuickBooks Error 6190, 816
Resolving the QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 is not a complex task to perform. It can be fixed by following the guidelines provided by the Intuit. You can easily fix this issue by using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Follow the below mentioned steps in order to do so:
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the setup file of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Install it in your system properly and run it.
- You will get the below two options there:
- Network Connectivity Only
- Both File Damage and Network Connectivity
- You need to opt the first option to fix this error
- Enter the system admin password.
- Now a dialogue box will appear which will ask you that the company file is hosted on Workstation or Server. If it is hosted on server then you need click on Yes, else click on
Call Us For QuickBooks Technical Support
If you still have some queries about the QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 or you are not able to fix the issue manually then you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support +1888-567-1159 to get instant support for your QB related issues