QuickBooks Error 80070057 is one of the most common and critical errors in the QuickBooks software that generally occurs when you double click on a company file or a portable file that was created in an earlier version of QuickBooks.
The error code 80070057 refers to the following things:
- The manager is getting an error while opening the company file.
- The manager doesn’t have appropriate rights to view, edit or access the company file
QuickBooks Error 80070057 comes with the following error messages:
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect or You do not have sufficient permissions
You have insufficient right to remove the files in the specified folder. You must have the full access to read, write, create or delete the files in order to use the QuickBooks software in multi-user mode.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 80070057
- You’ve attempted to the access the company file by double-clicking on it instead of opening it from inside QuickBooks.
- You are trying to access a company file which is stored in a folder on a redirected desktop, and the system is not on the network.
- A third party firewall application is restricting you from opening the company file
- You are using the BitDefender antivirus that blocks all the uncommon ports during the data traffic between the computers. QuickBooks Desktop 2018, 2017, and 2016 use the database service running on the host computer. This database service communicates through ports 56728 (2018), 56727 (2017), and 56726 (2016) respectively. BitDefender blocks these ports by default.
- If you are trying to open a file that is located on an external drive then you need to copy it from there first.
- If you are getting an error while installing the software then try to download the program from the website.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Run As Administrator
Re-launch your QuickBooks Desktop
- Right click on the QB icon from the desktop
- From the drop-down list, select Run as Adminstrator
Open The Company File After The QuickBooks Program Has Already Opened
The company files needs to be opened from inside the QuickBooks software and it may throw an error if you open it by double-clicking on it.
- Go to Start > All Programs > QuickBooks
- Select the QB version that you are trying to open in case if you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed in your system.
- If the company file didn’t open automatically then select the company file and click on Open
Move The Company File Folder To Local Drive
Move your Company File to the C:\ drive to allow access for all the computers on the network.
Update QuickBooks To The Latest Release
Upgrading to the latest release of QuickBooks may resolve the error code 80070057 automatically.
Manually Resolve Error 800070057
- Rename the .nd file.
- Go to the folder where the company file is stored.
- Locate the corresponding .nd file of your company file. Example:qbw.nd
- Right-tap on the .nd file and then select Rename from the drop-down.
- Add .old at the end of the file extension. Example:qbw.nd.old
- Rescan your file through the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click on Add Folder to open the Browse Folder
- Select the folder where your company file is located and then click on OK.
- Click on Scan.
- Once the scan finishes, re-open the company file.
Configure Your Firewall Software
- Go to the Firewall and Internet security for updates and network access to configure the settings.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to configure your firewall to allow the internet access to the QuickBooks Desktop files on all the workstations.
- If you still face the issue even after configuring the firewall then you need to uninstall and reinstall the firewall application.
Configure BitDefender to allow QuickBooks Desktop communication
- Open the BitDefender 10.0 and from the main menu, select Antivirus
- Go to Custom level > Exclude path from scan.
- Select the New item
- Choose the mapped drive or UNC path that is required to browse to the company file. Example: “Q:\”
- If the BitDefender is still blocking the QuickBooks communication then you need to contact their technical support.
- If you have installed a different security software then you will have to exclude the QuickBooks program directories. C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Company Files
Support For QuickBooks Errors
The provided methods will allow you to resolve the error code 80070057 easily. However, if you are still facing the same issue then you can connect with our technical support department by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1877-277-3228 to get instant support for your QuickBooks issues.