QuickBooks Error 6000, 77 is one of the most common errors in the QuickBooks software and it is also a part of 6000 error series that refers to the company file issues. This error code occurs when you try to access or while working on your company file. There can be various causes behind the QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 77 and some of the main causes are as follow:
- The QuickBooks Company File is not located in your local drive or network
- The company file is save in an external drive
- Antivirus software or firewall setting is restricting the connection with QuickBooks in the multi-user mode
- Folder permissions are not proper
How To Fix The Error Code 6000, 77 In QuickBooks
To fix the QuickBooks Error 6000, 77, you can try to perform some different solutions. We have provided four different solutions to fix the error code. Steps to resolve the company file issues are as follow:
Rename .ND And .TLG Files
- Go to the folder where the company file is stored
- Find out the files with same names but with .ND and .TLG extensions like Company_file.qbw.nd and Company_file.qbw.tlg.
- Right click on the files and select the Rename option
- Now add OLD after the name of the file
Use UNC Patch File Name, Not The Mapped Drive
- Login to the system as an Administrator
- Open the QuickBooks software
- Go to the File menu and select Open or Restore Company from the drop-down list
- Now go to the Network from the left side of your Windows Explorer
- Go to the file location and open the QuickBooks Company File
Recreate The Corrupt Folder
- Go to C drive of your computer
- Create a New Folder in the C drive
- Now go to the location of the company file
- Search for the .qbw extension file.
- Right click on the file and copy the file
- Paste the company file to the newly created folder in the C drive
- Allow all the permissions for this folder
- Open the company file from the new folder
Get Support For Error Code 6000, 77 In QuickBooks
By following the above mentioned steps you will be able to fix the error code 6000, 77 in QuickBooks. However, if the error is still around then you can download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from official website of Intuit.
If all the solutions failed to resolve your issue then you have the last option which is to get support from the QuickBooks ProAdvisors. You can contact the highly experienced customer support team of fixaccountingerror.com by dialing their toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159.