QuickBooks has stopped working is one of the most common issue that is reported to our customer support team. There are various issues behind this issue but integration of QuickBooks with other software is the main reason for this error.
QuickBooks Has Stopped Working: Causes
You will get the error message of QuickBooks is not responding when the POS application was integrated properly but the setup wasn’t proper. This error restricts you from working on the QuickBooks software. You need to fix this issue as soon as possible so that you will be able to work on your financial data. The error message that you receive when the error appear is:
QuickBooks not responding when opening
Main causes of this error are:
- Company name that you have entered exceeds the maximum number of characters
- INI is corrupted or damaged
- Hard drive issues
- Installation of QuickBooks software wasn’t proper
- Windows Operating System is having some issues
How To Fix QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error?
We have mentioned three different solutions to fix this error. You can try to perform the solutions step by step to fix the issue. Steps to resolve the QuickBooks has stopped working error are as given below:
Method 1: Download And Install QBInstall Tool
- Go to the official website of QuickBooks and download the QBInstall
- Perform the proper installation process of the tool
- Make sure any QuickBooks related process is not running.
- Run the QBInstall tool and start the scan
- The tool will fix the detected issues automatically.
- Restart your system and open QuickBooks to see whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Restart & Disable Antivirus Software
- Reboot your computer
- Run QuickBooks application
- Disable the antivirus and malware software by going into the settings and run QuickBooks again to check if the issue is resolved not.
If the issue still persists then you can move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks POS Using Clean Install:
Properly uninstall the QuickBooks POS application from your system and then install it again in your system. This will apply the default settings and if there is any installation issue then it will automatically fix them.
Dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159
By following the above steps, you should be able to get rid of the QuickBooks has stopped working issue. However, if the issue still persist then you can also try to create a new Windows user account with Administrator rights.
If all the steps didn’t work and you still facing the error then you can contact us for support. Dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 toll-free and get instant support for all your QuickBooks related issues.