QuickBooks is by far one of the most comprehensive Accounting and Bookkeeping software of 2020. Millions of people prefer QuickBooks over any other accounting software because of its unmatchable Tech support services. It also allows the users to manage their inventory and payroll with high accuracy efficiently. But from time to time, users encounter errors like the QuickBooks Error code 15102. At the end of the day, QuickBooks works on an intricate algorithm.
In this blog post, we will discuss how you can quickly resolve the QuickBooks Error code 15102 from your QuickBooks. You can quickly fix this error by trying three simple solutions. If you face any issues while implementing the steps or need help with the process, then dial the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 to contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of fixaccountingerror.
This QB error pops-up your desktop screen when the user is trying to download a Payroll update or QuickBooks Desktop Update.
The error message on your screen will be: “Failed to reset update.”
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15102?
- Shared Download is active, but the path for the download is either Invalid or not accessible.
- You are utilizing your QB in a terminal services environment in multi-user mode.
- The user is not logged in as the System Administrator, or they haven’t opened as an Administrator.
Note: You must have an Active Payroll Subscription.
Other Errors which can show up on your screens:
- QuickBooks Error 15101
- QuickBooks Error 15222
- QuickBooks Error 15311
- QuickBooks Error 15223
How To Fix The QuickBooks Error 15102?
Solution 1: Switch to single-user mode
- Open the single user mode so that only one user can use QuickBooks at a time. Make sure that all the other users exit from QB. To exit from your QB, follow these steps:
- Open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Head to the File Menu.
- Choose Switch to Single user.
Solution 2: Verify the mapped file location
- You have to open the Product Information tab by hitting the Ctrl+1 keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Check the mapped location path and write it down.
- Head to help> Update QuickBooks.
- Choose the Options tab. Ensure that the information in the download location is accurate.
- If the information appears to be wrong, then click on No option for shared download. Otherwise, click on the “Yes” button.
- Now, retry to download the update again on your computer.
Solution 3: Remap the Drive
- First of all, close your QuickBooks Company file.
- Now, you must remap the drive to the most recent letter.
- Now, open your QB again and open the Company file by using the new-mapped drive letter.
- Select Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Click on the Options menu.
- Switch the Shared Window option off.
- Switch the Shared Window option on.
- Verify that your QuickBooks is utilizing the new mapped drive letter for download locations.
- Click on the Save button and then click on Close.
- Now, retry to download the payroll update again on your QuickBooks.
Get QuickBooks Technical Support Services
The above-given solutions will enable you with the knowledge to resolve the QB Payroll Error 15102. In case you are still encountering this error while downloading the Payroll update for your QuickBooks, then get in touch with the customer support team of Intuit.
Fixaccountingerror is the leading 3rd party QuickBooks Tech Support service provider, and you contact us by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 from your phone.
You can also chat with the Intuit Certified QuickBooks Experts by hitting the chat icon. Fill the respective fields with your information and then hit the Submit button. We will contact you as soon as possible.