Are you facing QuickBooks Payroll Failed To Send Usage Data during the update process? Don’t worry as this article will provide you the guidelines to troubleshoot the payroll error manually. The main cause behind this error is incorrect time zone of your system. You can also face this error while sending the usage data. This error comes up with the following message:
“QuickBooks ran into an error while trying to send usage data”
Causes Of This Payroll Error
QuickBooks payroll is one of the most important add-on to the QuickBooks software that allows you to manage your business more efficiently. But sometimes the software can fall into errors while sending the usage data. Some of the most common causes behind this error are as given below:
- Incorrect date and time of your system
- Time zone of your is invalid
- You have created a copy of an Accountant
How To Resolve The Payroll Data Error?
Solution 1: To resolve the payroll error while trying to send usage data
- Run QuickBooks and navigate to the Employees
- Choose your payroll service and then tap on Manage Service Key
- Go to the Edit section and then unmark the Open Payroll Setup
- Tap on Finish and the service key will be sent
- Navigate to Employees > My Payroll Service and then try to send the usage data again.
Solution 2: Checking of existence of any Accountant’s copy
In case if the date and time of your computer is correct then you have to make sure that the time zone is correct. Now go through the below mentioned steps to resolve the error:
- Remove the restrictions or if the accountant’s copy exists then you have to wait until the accountant’s copy is returned. Verify your accountant and then remove the copy.
- Try to send the usage data to Intuit.
If you are still facing the issue then you have remove all the transferred online transactions:
- From the main menu, go to Edit > Find
- Navigate to the Advanced tab
- Go to Filter and then follow the below mentioned steps:
- Tap on Detail Level and then select Summary Only
- A drop down list will appear. You have to select Posting Status.
- Click on Find and review all result one by one:
- Tap on Finish if there is any non-payroll transaction.
- If there are paychecks then you need to remove all of them and try to send to Intuit again.
The above two provided solutions will allow you to resolve the error while sending the usage data. However, if you are still facing the issue then you are supposed to get in touch with the technical support team of Intuit. For this, you just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159. The QuickBooks ProAdvisors will be there connected with you in no time to assist you.
Submit your review