If you own a business and using QuickBooks to manage it then you will be aware about the importance of the QuickBooks software. QuickBooks is a versatile accounting software that keeps your account managed. It helps you to organize your expenses, track your cash flow, create invoices etc. However, there can be some instances when you face some issues in your QuickBooks software that can be a bit frustrating for you. QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error is one such error which is known as one of the most critical issues in the QuickBooks software because this error generally occurs due to the random nature of these errors, the error code can be different every time. We have listed some of the error codes that are commonly faced by the QuickBooks users in the name of unrecoverable error. However, the list ia not inclusive and you may face a different error from the provided scenarios.
Common error codes:
- 00000 14775
- 00000 15204
- 00227 55008
- 00551 46274
- 02457 79428
- 13730 84631
- 13824 75582
- 15563 13890
- 19758 63847
- 20103 33023
- 20888 41171
The QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error can occur in various scenarios and some if them are as follow:
- While trying to open a company file
- When you closing a QuickBooks company file
- Closing or switching any open window in a company file
- Trying to create a backup of your QuickBooks company file
- Creating or modifying a company file
- Creating or modifying a portable file
- Downloading a payroll update
- Opening any window in QuickBooks
- Resolving data damage by running Verify or Rebuild utility
- Saving or modifying a transaction
- Sending payroll via Direct Deposit
- Using the Open Previous Company feature
Before moving on to the solution steps, you need remember the following things:
- You need to update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- You must create a backup of your company file.
- Click on Send whenever you get the unrecoverable error on your screen. The information provided by this can be very helpful for you in creating patch updates to improve the program.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Solution 1: Identify how many users are affected
Note: If you don’t use any username for opening the company file then you need to directly move on to the second solution.
You should be aware that how many users are getting affected by using a different user credential to open the same company file. If the issue is occurring only in a single user then it is possible that the user is damaged. In such situations, you need to recreate the damaged user by following the below mentioned steps:
If a regular user is damaged
- Go to Company > Set Up Users and Passwords > Set Up Users.
- If you are using QuickBooks Enterprise then you need to go to Company > Users > Set Up Users and Roles.
- Click on Add User and then enter the appropriate user name and password
- Click on Next.
Note: Don’t use the damaged user name.
- Customize the user as per your requirement
- Click on Finish.
- Navigate to File > Close Company/Logoff.
- Use the new user credentials in order to log in to the company file
If the Admin user is damaged
You have to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in order to resolve the issue.
Solution 2: Suppress Your QuickBooks Desktop
- Suppress the Desktop while opening QuickBooks
- Go to the desktop, press and hold the Ctrl
- Double-tap on your QuickBooks program icon while holding the CTRL
- Keep on holding the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window shows.
- Suppress the Desktop during the time of opening a Company File
- Choose any company file from the No Company Open window.
- Click on Open while pressing and holding the Alt
- If you are asked to provide your login credentials then you need release the Alt key and enter the appropriate user name and password.
Important: If you are not prompted for your user name and password, do not release the Alt key.
- Press and hold the Alt key and click on OK. You should not release the Alt key until the file gets completely open.
Note: You will get a blank screen. If the QuickBooks menu can be highlighted by hovering your cursor to it then it means that the company file is open properly.
Solution 3: Open A Sample Company File
- Opening a sample company file makes it clear to you that the issue is occurring in your company file or with QuickBooks software.
- If the company file gets opened properly then it means that the company file or the location where the company file is stored is damaged. You can try to copy the QuickBooks company file to a different folder.
- If the error is still not resolved then you can use a recent backup or ADR to for restoring your file. You can also perform troubleshoot the data damaged if the backup or ADR is not enough to resolve your issue.
- If the sample company file throws the same error then you need to proceed to solution 4.
How to open a sample file?
- From the No Company Open window, click on Open a sample file.
- You can choose any of the sample file available in the list.
How to copy the company file to a different location?
Moving the company file to a different location and then opening it from a different location makes it clear that the location where the company file is located currently is damaged or not. If you still get the same error even after changing its location then it means that either your company file or the QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and name it QBTEST
- Navigate to the folder where the company file is saved.
- Click on the company file to select it and then press CTRL + C to copy the file.
- Paste the company file in the newly created folder by pressing CTRL + V.
- Try to open the QuickBooks company file from the new location.
Solution 4: Run Reboot.bat
By running the reboot.bat file, the QuickBooks related files such as .DLL and .OCX files gets re-registered that can be helpful while resolving these unrecoverable errors.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Repair QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to resolve installation related issues.
- Reinstall the QuickBooks software using clean install.
- Repair the Microsoft components:.
- Repair or reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
- Repair Microsoft MSXML
- Uninstall or reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
Solution 6: Create A New Windows Administrator
For Windows 10 users
- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other users.
- From Other Users section, click on Add someone else to this PC.
- Click on the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information option
- Now, click on Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Provide a name to the new account and then click on Finish.
- Select the newly created account and then select Account Type.
- Select Administrator for the roles and then click on OK.
For Windows 8.1 Users
- Open the Control Panel
- Go to the User Accounts section
- From User Accounts, go to Manage another account > Other accounts > Add an account.
- Click on Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended)
- Select Local account.
- Provide the user name, password and password hint for the user. (The password should be strong)
- Click on Next
- You will be taken back to the Manage Other Accounts window. Click on the newly created acoount.
- Click on Edit
- The newly created user is generally set to standard user by default. You need to select Administrator from the drop-down list
- Click on
For Windows 8 and 7 Users
- Click on Administrator and then select Create Account
Windows Server 2012
Note: Usually the licensed computer technicians maintains the services and we strongly recommend you to contact your IT professional before you move on to the steps:
- Go to the Server Manager.
- Click on Tools and then Computer Management.
- Expand the Local Users and Groups
- Click on the Groups.
- Double-tap on the Administrator Groups for getting the Administrator Properties window.
- Click on Add.
- Enter the account that you want to add to the local admin groups and then click on
Windows Small Business Server 2011 and 2008/R2
- Launch the Windows SBS (2011/2008)
- Click on Users and Groups and then navigate to the Users
- Click on Add a new user account for running the Add a New User Account wizard.
- Provide the required details and then choose Administrator role for the new user.
- Create a password for the new user.
- Click on Add user.
- Perform all the onscreen prompts and then click on Finish.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
The provided solutions will allow you to resolve almost every unrecoverable error code in QuickBooks. However, most of the time, it can be a bit complex to resolve these errors and you may face various other issues as well. In such scenarios, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-380-2330 and get instant solution for your QuickBooks issues.