QuickBooks is considerably the best accounting software all over the world. QuickBooks comes with a bunch of programs and add-ons that are specially developed for kind of task and this is what makes it the best out of the rest. However, you may face some issues and errors in the QuickBooks software and one such error is “QuickBooks won’t open your company file” or “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” that restricts you from opening the QuickBooks Company file.
If you are also facing the same issue and looking for a quick resolution then this is the best place where you can get rid of the issue as this article will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Won’t Open your company file issue. You can also connect with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number +1888-567-1159 toll-free.
Causes Of QuickBooks Won’t Open Company File Issues?
- QuickBooks Company files are damaged
- The file that you are trying to open is already opened by another user on the shared file
- You are not following the appropriate method to open the company file.
- The reports in the file are having some issues
- The QuickBooks version is not supported to the company file that you are trying to open
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop
You may get the following error message:
- “-6000 series mistakes – for example -6189, –6147, -6175, or -6000 77” and these can be resolved by following some basic guidelines.
- “C= messages like C=422 or C=342.”
- “ Unrecoverable error messages.”
- “3371 which indicates that the QuickBooks installation is damaged.”
- QuickBooks Error -6073, -99001.
- QuickBooks Error -6192, -816.
How To Resolve The Issue
There are multiple ways to get rid of this company file error. These errors are critical in nature but they can be resolved by following the provided guidelines appropriately. Steps to resolve the QuickBooks company file not opening are as below:
Note: Before going on to the steps, you must be ensured that the problem lies within your company file and not in your system. If the issue is occurring due to your system issues then you need to contact your technician as soon as possible.
Press & hold the Ctrl key while double-clicking on the QuickBooks icon. If QuickBooks does not open then the issue is with your QuickBooks installation and not with your company file. So, you need reinstall the QuickBooks software to resolve the error. If the QuickBooks software start then the issue is with the company file and you need to continue with the following steps.
- Ensure you are using the latest updated version of QuickBooks.
- Open the file with the same QuickBooks version that last opened it. You can do this task as follows:
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E
- Go to the folder where the company file is located
- Locate the company file in which the issue is occurring (.QBW extension).
- Right-click on the file and select Properties from the drop-down list
- Now, select the QuickBooks
- A new box will pop on your screen which will display the QuickBooks versions which were used previously.
- Run the company file via QuickBooks. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Open or restore company
- Select the appropriate file. It can be a backup file, company file or an accountant’s copy file.
- Go the folder that stores the QuickBooks company file and double-click on the file.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to open the file. If it is an Accountant’s Copy then go to the File > ‘Convert accountants copy transfer file’.
- Stop all the running reports and other QuickBooks processes.
- Highlight the file with just a simple click and then press the Alt
- Select Open. You may have to login using the appropriate credentials.
- Press the Alt key again while clicking on OK.
- Keep on pressing the Alt key until the file opens or you get an error.
- Open sample company file and If it is not opening then the issue is occurring due to the damaged QuickBooks installation.
- Move the company file to a new location and then try to open it from there as the current folder can also be damaged.
- Go to the location of the company file and open its properties by right-clicking and select the Properties option from the drop-down. The file should be more than 7 MB in size and it should not be encrypted or compressed as the QuickBooks doesn’t read such files.
- Rename the company file by right-clicking on the file and selecting Rename from the drop-down list.
- Remove multi-user access by going into File > Utilities Stop multi-user access.
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
If the manual solutions didn’t work for you then you need to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is an automated tool that works with all the Intuit products. You can download it from the official website of Intuit for free. Once you run the tool, it automatically scans resolve the identified issues. Once you are done with the process, just restart your computer and you are good to go.
Contact Us For QuickBooks Software To Troubleshoot This Issue
The provided steps will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Won’t Open Company file issue. These steps are able to resolve almost every error or issue related to your QuickBooks company files or related files. However, sometimes it may get worse and the issue couldn’t be resolved manually. In such scenarios, the QuickBooks software throws an unrecoverable error message that can’t be resolve manually. In such cases, you need to get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1888-567-1159 and we will help you in resolving these company file errors instantly.