If you are using QuickBooks from quite a long time then you might be aware of the fact that the QuickBooks Company Files are the backbone of your business. So, in order to keep them secure, Intuit recommends you to create backup of your data file on a regular basis so that you don’t lose your important data if something wrong happens to your QuickBooks. In order to use the backed up files, you need to restore them but sometimes users may face some errors while trying to restore the backup of their company files.
If you are also not able to restore the backup of your backup files and want to resolve this issue manually then we recommend you to read this article properly and follow the provided steps as this article will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Won’t Restore Backup issue. You can also dial the QuickBooks Enterprise Tech Support Number +1888-567-1159 if you require an instant support for your QuickBooks issues.
The error that you can face while restoring the backup of your company files are as given below:
Restore Failed. This is an Invalid Format of a Post QuickBooks 2007 Backup File
Error: Restore failed. Can’t remove log file
When Do These Restore Issues Occur?
- The QuickBooks company file or the backup file consist some special characters (!,@,#,$,%,^,&,*)
- You’ve tried to restore a backup from a existing company file
- You were trying to restore the backup file which is located on a portable drive.
- The backup was created in a newer version of QuickBooks but you are trying to restore it on an older version
- The file that you are trying to restore is not a backup file
- You created a backup of a damaged QuickBooks company file.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Won’t Restore Backup Issue?
Solution 1: Remove Special Characters (!,@,#,$,%,^,&,*)From The File Name For Your Backup File
- Go to the folder where the backup file is located.
- Right-click on the backup file and select the Rename option from the drop-down list.
- Provide a new name to the file which should not have any special character (!,@,#,$,%,^,&,*).
- Now try to restore the backup again. If you still face the same issue then you have to go to the next solution
Solution 2: Avoid Overwriting An Existing File When You Restore Your Backup
- Save your backup file in the standard location
- If you provide a name to this file which already existing in your system then you may come across a message that says: “The file name exists. Would you like to overwrite this file?”
- You need to click on No.
- Provide a different name to the file.
Solution 3: Copy Your Backup From Your Flash Drive Or Network Drive Before Restoring It
The restoration of the backup file can easily be if you use a local drive for it rather than a flash drive or a network drive. It is highly recommended by the Intuit to first transfer the backup file into the local system and then try to restore the backup.
Solution 4: Copy A Backup File To A New Folder Before Restoring It
We are implementing this step to make sure that the folder is not damaged or corrupted in which you have stored your backup file. Copy the file from the current folder and paste it into a new folder. You can choose to use the Windows Explorer for this.
Solution 5: Use The Same Or Newer Version Of QuickBooks When Restoring Your Backup
Gather information about the QN File Manager to know about the version of the backup you are restoring.
You can restore a backup to a newer version of QuickBooks Desktop, but you are not allowed to restore to an older version because the file structure also gets updated along with the software.
Solution 6: Repair Your Company File
If you have tried all the mentioned steps but the error is still around then you may have to repair the company file through verify and rebuild data utility.
Get Instant Support For QuickBooks Company File Issues
The provided steps will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Won’t Restore Backup issue and you will be able to restore the your backed up data files. However, if you are still in doubt or you are not able to resolve the issue manually then you need to contact the QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1888-567-1159 to ll-free to get instant support for your issues.