QuickBooks software has been fulfilling all the accounting requirements for small and medium-sized businesses. To enhance the software, Intuit releases regular updates for the QuickBooks software and QuickBooks 2019 is the latest and the best version to go for right now. However, sometimes the users may face some issues while updating the QuickBooks software as they face the error that says QuickBooks won’t update or other update errors such as:
- QuickBooks Error 15224
- QuickBooks Error 15226
- QuickBooks Error 15270
- QuickBooks Error 15271
- QuickBooks Error 15240
Updating your QuickBooks software has now become for important if you are on the 2016 or older version of QuickBooks because Intuit is going to discontinue the QuickBooks 2016 versions from 31st May 2019. It means that you won’t be able to get any support services and other add-on services for the QuickBooks 2016 version. For more information, you can contact the QuickBooks Upgrade Support 2019 to get additional information about the discontinuation policy.
Read this article properly to get the manual solutions for QuickBooks Won’t Update issue.
Causes Of QuickBooks Won’t Update Issue
Main causes of QuickBooks Won’t Update issue are as given below:
- An unstable internet connection that doesn’t allow the software to get updated
- Firewall settings are restricting the update process as it is identifying the QuickBooks update as a threat to your system
- The Download link is either damaged or no more available
- Incorrect date and time of your system
- Virus or malware infection in your system
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Won’t Update Issue?
Solution 1: Check The System Date & Time On The Computer
Make sure that your system is set to the correct date and time as the wrong date and time or time-zone can restrict you from updating the QuickBooks software.
You can check the System date by following these steps:
- From the bottom-right corner of your task-bar, right click on the area where the time and date is being displayed.
- Now, from the list, select Adjust Date/Time
- Firstly, check the time-zone. If it is not right then set the correct one
- Then, click on Change date and time and set the correct date and time.
- Click on OK.
- Restart the QuickBooks software.
- Try to update the QuickBooks software again and if the error still persists, go to the next step.
Solution 2: Check Your Internet Connection Settings
It might be possible that the error is occurring due to the unstable internet connection. You need to check your connectivity by accessing a website through an internet browser. If the website doesn’t get open then you need to contact your internet service provider for support.
If the website could be accessed then you need to open the QuickBooks software and perform the following steps:
- Go to Help > Internet Connection Setup.
- Click on Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to create a connection during the application accesses the Internet.
- Tap on Next.
- Go to the Advanced Connection Settings.
- From the Advanced tab select Restore Advanced Settings.
- Select the OK
- Tap on Done.
- Update the QuickBooks desktop again.
Remember The Following Points:
- Do not use any third party download accelerators as they can create hindrance in the download procedure. Also, disable the download accelerators before you updating the QuickBooks software. Get more information from your ISP if you want.
- The speed of the dial-up connection must be at least 28.8 KB/S otherwise the update process won’t start.
- If you are using AOL services then, first of all, you need to be logged in with the master login name under the AOL.
- Make sure that the Parental Control settings are no activated.
Internet Security Or Personal Firewall Application Settings
It is no longer a secret that the internet security or the firewall settings can hinder the update process. You need to ensure that the firewall and internet settings are properly set up and they are not hindering the update process. You must enable the Ports 80 & 443 in order to begin the update process
Provide Access For The Following Files:
- In the case, all of these ports are already in use by different processes, QB will start using the port 56719
Multiple Instances Of QuickBooks Desktop On The Same Computer
You may also face this update error if there is more than one installation of QuickBooks of the same year on the same computer. If this is the case then you just have to uninstall the QuickBooks software that you don’t use and keep the one that you use. Once the installation finished, try to update the software once again.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Update Issues
The provided steps will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Won’t Update issue and other QuickBooks update errors as well because most of the update errors have almost the same resolutions. You can also try some quick fixes such as:
- Disabling the Antivirus software
- Installing the Windows updates
- Reinstalling the QuickBooks software
If you still face the same issue and couldn’t resolve it manually then we recommend you to get in touch with the technical support department of Intuit by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1888-567-1159.